Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Its a Start

Hello Blog. I was told to write about something. I planned on writing about some movies i saw over the break, but they aren't fresh in my mind anymore, so i wouldn't do justice to them and i can't remember any of the clever things i was thinking about and wanted to write about. I'll try?

I finally saw all of Refer Madness. Its a comedy to me, grade A stuff. All that fuss over a little plant - ridiculous. And I like how at least half the people in the '30s can play excellent piano.

I also saw A Hard Days Night. Got a real kick out of that one too. John's cracking these subtle jokes the whole movie, sharp guy. Their tour manager tells them to behave like good lads, and you see John in the back sniffing his pepsi bottles like blow. My favorite was poor old Ringo. Poor guy always being put down, finally goes out and soes is "wild oats," gets arested on rediculous charges, gets sprung out of jail and back just in time for the show. Smile on my face.

Last night I came home from work and got to watch the last hour of Taxi Driver. I can understand john hinkly jr. a little better now. Like perhaps if i was borderline psycotic, i'd do the same thing.... oh young Jodi F. sweet girl. I've been meaning to see this movie for a long time but just havn't. What i saw: good stuff. I would like to watch the first hour and a half of the film, however.


"Good Food, Good Meat, Getting Late, Lets Eat. "

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry I neglected to comment on your post. I think that's because you posted it on that night that no comments were taking. Anyway, your post is very interesting, and I always am a bit embarrassed when anyone talks about "Hard Day's Night" becaue I've never seen it, at least not in its entirety. I've switched on ten or fifteen minutes of it a thousand times, but it's not so easy to figure out what's going on. I'll make it a point to watch it this year.

    I saw Taxi Driver in 1976 when it came out. I was 16. It was such a big deal, and, frankly, I didn't like it that much. I've never gone back to it, so I can't really speak intelligently about it, considering my opinions are those of a 16 year old and we all know how unreliable they can be. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did they play fantastic piano in the 30s, *everyone* wore a suit with a hat. A fedora, possibly.

    ReplyDelete